Do you need something fun for you and your friends to enjoy during hangouts? One of the best ways to entertain your company is with a bubble hockey table. Depending on where you live, it might be called rod hockey or dome hockey. Either way, bubble hockey tables allow you to team up with your friends in an indoor recreational activity. In this article, you will find the best hockey table related to your preferences and needs.
If you’re looking for our top choice that gives you the best play-ability at a reasonable price then head right over to the Carrom Signature Stick Hockey with Pedestal Base.
If you want to learn a little more about the options, then keep reading. Here’s what you’ll find in this guide…
- Overall Best Choice
- Best Air Hockey Table For The Price
- Most Affordable/Budget Friendly Bubble Hockey Table
- Arcade Retro Style Bubble Hockey Table
- Low Profile Bubble Option
- What To Look For When Buying A Dome Hockey Table
When looking for a new hockey table, it is best to take a variety of features and benefits into consideration. These preferences can depend on how much you want to spend and where you will be able to add the table itself. Before deciding on which hockey table is best for you, take these features into account.
Are you or your friends a little competitive? A little too much fun and a poorly built table is not a good combination. If you would prefer to have a hockey table that lasts, then consider the built and quality of the product that you choose to invest in. It might save you money later down the road with replacements.
Dome hockey tables come in a variety of shapes and sizes, allowing you to fit them into any man cave. Some of the tables below are larger than others and one even has a low profile dome. Always measure your indoor recreational area before pulling the trigger.
A good quality dome hockey table can get expensive…especially if you want one just like the arcade. Maybe you don’t want to spend too much money on a dome hockey table. Although the hardier ones cost more, there are plenty of affordable options to save you money.
How the players move on the hockey table can either frustrate you or give your friends a fun time. Take into consideration that dome hockey tables are built differently, including the design of the playing field.
Although not the most important feature to take into account, you might want to consider the time required for assembling a hockey table. Perhaps you don’t want to tinker with a lot of different moving parts. The ease of assembly can save you from unwanted stress over your new toy.
Now that you know what to look for, which tables should you look at buying for your game room?
Carrom Signature Stick Hockey with Pedestal Base
The Carrom Signature Stick Hockey Table with Pedestal Base is our pick for the best overall. A number of features were taken into consideration such as cost, build quality, size, playability and assembly. This hockey table is made with quality and durability. Don’t risk having to buy another hockey table when you can make the right decision with this product. Look at the list below for specifics on why this product is the overall best pick.
- Comes in blue or red for your personal preference.
- Pedestal base for a sleek design.
- Styrene surface with a custom coating to provide faster passing and shooting.
- Shatter-resistant plastic dome.
- Heavy-gauge cabinet materials for increased durability.
- Scoring unit that is battery-operated with included lights and sounds.
- Leg-levelers and a chrome support bar for personal touches.
- Comes with a one-year factory warranty.
Carrom Super Stick Hockey Table
If you are looking for a high quality table and want to get the best value for your money, then go with the Carrom Super Stick Hockey Table.
You are giving up a little bit of durability and stability over the pedestal model, but for just about everything else it ispretty similar. Considering quality and affordability, this is the best bang for your buck so that you don’t have to spend too much on your next man cave addition. It is highly coveted for multiple features and benefits, including:
- Made in either black or red for your personal tastes.
- Includes two pucks with one set of solidly colored players that are hand painted.
- Players can be purchased and interchanged for a unique team.
- Shatter-resistant plastic dome covering to provide you with a sturdy table.
- Easy to assemble with your tools kept at home.
- Electronic scoreboard for enhanced playtime with your friends
- High quality build with vinyl covering the cabinet and legs for reduced wear.
Stiga 37-inch NHL Stanley Cup Rod Hockey Table Top Game
Not everyone wants to shell out the cash for an expensive hockey table. If you and your friends want something on the smaller end of the budget, check out the Stiga 37-inch Table Top Model.
Built with affordability in mind, this table is perfect for smaller kids or those with limited space. Your friends will get a kick out of the official embellishments with the NHL team colors and logos. Pick from the Detroit Red Wings vs. the Toronto Maple Leafs, or the New York Rangers rivaling the Boston Bruins. This is the most affordable option for anyone wanting a table that won’t cost an arm and a leg. Other features include:
- High-quality hockey table for the price.
- Easy playability with control rods, movable goalies, and puck ejectors in each goal for great indoor recreational fun.
- Built with behind-the-net plexi shield protectors
- Easy to assemble with your own tools.
- Ideal for smaller rooms as it fits on any table surface.
Super Chexx ICE Non-coinDeluxe Home Bubble Hockey Table
The Super Chexx ICE Home Bubble Hockey Table is the real deal. Looking for a hockey table that will fit the aesthetics of your recreation room, then this product is perfect for you. This one is the real deal bubble hockey that you played in the arcade as a kid.
Chexx is well-known for making items such as these that take on a retro feel. You can it on Amazon for roughly 4,000 dollars. Just keep in mind that it often is sold out, so check back on Amazon regularly or find it through other retailers. Below are some of the features that make it a high-quality product.
- Sturdy dome covering for durability.
- Hinged dome that swings open to provide you with routine cleaning and maintenance.
- Live rink sounds for a more realistic gameplay.
- Updated electronics that will record goals, shots, and period running time.
- Adjustable external volume knob.
- Mimics retro hockey tables for a old-fashioned aesthetics
They also make the Super Chexx ICE Coin-Op version for those of you that want an authentic arcade experience complete with feeding quarters into the machine (or if you just want to make a few bucks off your friends when they come over for parties).
Sheltie Breakout Bubble Hockey Table
If you have some unique space issues and need a low profile table (perhaps to slide it under something when not in use), then check out the Sheltie Breakout Bubble Hockey Table. The low bubble also offers a unique, perhaps faster, more unpredictable style of game play than the more traditional arcade styles above.
But don’t be fooled, this is still a high quality bubble hockey table and includes some great features.
- Arcade style appeal for any retro gaming rooms in your home.
- Electronic scoring, which is side, mounted for a more visible playing field with reliability and accuracy.
- Quick player response with 360-degree turn radius accompanied by only 180-degree handle turns.
- Hockey players included are built with steel rod supports to allow for greater torque and pressure.
- High-lubricity materials such as nylon bushings and rods to add exceptional play performance while minimizing wear from friction.
- Easy assembly for stress-free setup.
I hope this guide has helped you find a great option within your budget. Bubble hockey is a great game that can be played by just about any age but also takes a lot of skill to master.
Do you have a bubble hockey table? Is it one of the options on the list?
Tell us about it in the comments below…